Saturday, November 5, 2011

SELF APPRAISAL


A little boy went to a telephone booth which was at the cash counter
of a store and dialed a number.

The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:

Boy                : "Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?
Woman         : (at the other end of the phone line) "I already have
                       Someone to cut my lawn."
Boy                : "Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price
                        than the person who cuts your lawn now."
Woman         : I'm very satisfied with the person who is presently
                       cutting my lawn.
Boy                : (with more perseverance) "Lady, I'll even sweep
                        the floor  and the stairs of your house for free.
Woman         : No, thank you.

With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver. The
Store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.

Store Owner       : "Son... I like your attitude; I like that
                               Positive spirit and would like to offer you a job."
Boy                      : "No thanks,
Store Owner       :  But you were really pleading for one.
Boy                      : No Sir, I was just checking my performance
                              at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady
                              I was talking to!"

Warning :  Don't perform this act unless you have guts to face the negative outcome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment